Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Basketball: Started With a Bucket and Ended with Stardom


2 basketball players from the 90's
    
     Basketball is a team sport in which two teams of five players try to score points by throwing or "shooting" a ball through the top of a basketball hoop while following a set of rules. Basketball is one of the most popular and widely viewed sports in the world alongside football, soccer, hockey and baseball. All of which are sports I love to watch!


Vertical jump dunk
     This year my favourite teams going into the season are the Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics. Now I know the first thing that comes to mind when you mention all these teams (at least the first two) is that I'm a classic band wagoner Well, so what? If I favour the obviously more potent team, does that put me in the wrong? With the new triad of Bosh-Wade-James, who could stop them? Can the Lakers with Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Derek Fisher stop them? And as for Boston, I was born in Boston, so its almost a given that I support them. But who will take the championship this year? We'll just have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment